1. A fast, cost effective channel of communication
Using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn provides a speedy and cheap way to keep in touch with clients and prospective clients, keep abreast of industry developments and see what your competitors are doing.
2. A clever advertising technique to gain advantage over your industry rivals
You’ve probably created a smart website a while back but this is incomplete without extending that brand image to social media profiles. Once you have configured your social media profiles, the number one strategy for delivering highly targeting traffic to your site is to create engaging posts and sharing useful info.
There is an instant pool of professionals at your disposal. No agency fees. Spot and be spotted.
4. Users are receptive to your messages.
People view Twitter and LinkedIn as social networks, not marketing machines. As a result, they’re less likely to see what you post as an advertisement and will be more likely to hear what you have to say. This translates to significant web traffic when you link them to your site as your friends and followers share what you’ve posted.
5. Social media can help you get noticed at events, and even generate earned media coverage.
Whether your business is sponsoring a charity fundraiser or attending a major trade show, there’s no better way to leverage your presence.
Being active on social media channels benefits your reputation and increases your credibility in the eyes of prospective customers. It creates brand awareness and brand name recognition so that people start to recognise your company, recommend your services and eventually consider it in their firm strategy meetings.
7. The social media marketing arena is an almost level playing field.
Yes, you can invest more in paid ads if you wish to but all companies have similar opportunities at the start. If you provide value to your audience while being entertaining you stand an equal chance of attracting lots of traffic so outwit and outwrite!
So…I’ve convinced you that you need it but you want to know if the return has been worth the effort…
- You’ll see who your firm attracts, demographics , age, position – info that you didn’t have before.
- You’ll have a huge address book of contacts that you didn’t previous have access to – think reciprocity and kickbacks!
- You’ll build a brand image where people can put a face to your firm’s name.
- You’ll be part of the new business generator. The facts are irrefutable. In 2017 there are 2.56 billion global mobile social media users.
If you lack the time or skills to invest in creating and growing your online presence, I’d be happy to have a chat about the best strategy for your firm moving forward into 2018.